Marie Sullivan Family Dispute Resolution and Mediation was founded in 2015 when our Principal, Marie Sullivan OAM, chose to return to her hometown, Bathurst, in the Central West of NSW to provide mediation services to her community and across Australia.
Marie brings to her mediations excellent people skills, deep listening skills, empathy, authority and high levels of professionalism that ensure clients feel comfortable, safe and respected. Her mediations are future focussed, child-focussed in parenting matters and solution oriented. Marie knows that mediation is the most cost effective and healing way to resolve seemingly intractable disputes.
Marie has conducted numerous successful property and parenting mediations in Sydney and Central Western New South Wales. She is available to travel to conduct mediations as and when necessary. Mediations may, by arrangement, also be conducted via Zoom. Parties are welcome to be legally represented at a mediation.
Marie is admitted to practice as a solicitor in NSW and Federal Courts. In addition to her arts and law degrees, Marie holds a Master of Laws majoring in Family Dispute Resolution Practice (FDRP) and Mediation and Family Law. Marie is registered with the Federal Attorney-General Department as an accredited FDRP and is a Nationally Accredited Mediator.
Marie is also an experienced senior lawyer with three decades of experience in Family and Estates Law, and Corporate and Financial Services Law, with deep experience in family law, mediation and superannuation and business law.
For services to the community, Marie was privileged to be awarded the Medal of the Order of Australia (OAM) in the Australia Day Honours List in January 2012. She has also been listed as a finalist in national and local business awards.
Marie is supported by Reema Doueihi, RSAJ Secretarial Services, an accomplished senior administrative assistant who is well known for her high levels of expertise and superior customer service delivery.
- Family Dispute Resolution Practitioner registered with the Federal Attorney-General’s Department
- Nationally Accredited Mediator under the National Mediator Accreditation Scheme (NMAS)
- Member of the Resolution Institute – LEADR & IAMA
- Solicitor of the Supreme Court of New South Wales
- Masters of Family Law majoring in Family Dispute Resolution and Applied Family Law, College of Law NSW
- 2007 Master Coach Program (Behavioural Coaching Institute)
- 2007 Professional Coaching Program (To the Point Communications).
- 1989 Bachelor of Laws University of NSW
- 1979 Master of Arts University of Sydney
- 1975 Bachelor of Arts University of Sydney and Diploma of Education
- Medal of the Order of Australia, OAM, Australia Day Honours List 2012, for services to the community, especially the Macquarie 2010 Bicentenary Commemorations
- Finalist, Peak Connect Bathurst Business Chamber Awards
- Lawyers Weekly, Finalist, Sole Practitioner of the Year